Thursday, November 11, 2010

Washed Away

I've never seen rain like this. Natural. Effing. Disaster. The entire island is flooded, a lady got washed into the ocean while in her car. Dumpsters are floating down the street and crashing into things. This is really, really, terrible. I barely made it up my road yesterday, and by the time the rains were done last night, my road was completely impassable for my 4-door sedan. You need 4 wheels or an SUV to get in and out of here. The rain messed up the plumbing in my cottage, which I spent the evening working with my landlord to fix. I took a lot of pictures of the damage but, i need to clean myself up because I haven't had running water for about 18 hours. In the mean time, check out these youtube videos.





Pictures from the newspaper

No comments: